70 in Breath

Convicted Driver Insurance

snookerfan

Hello,

I blew 70 and appreciate that I am looking at 17-22 months ban and a Band C fine (in court next week).

I earn a good salary of £75k and I told my solicitor this, now I would like to avoid being in the local press as I'm worried about the impact to my job etc.
Would me receiving a large fine as per the guidelines i.e £1000 be a reason for the press to take a special interest in this?

Or is it really pot luck who appears in the 'look who's been in court section'.

This section only has a summary of the sentence.

Another concern of mine is if they really take an interest because of the large fine and do more detailed article on me.

As I mentioned I blew 70, no accidents, fully co-operated, police were actually very friendly, will plead guilty immediately.

Finally, I know i fill in the financial forms that the course use to calculate my fine, what would happen if I put say £40k on there?

Kind Rgds and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

You must not enter false or misleading information on the means form. Doing so is a criminal offence and could even result in you being prosecuted for perverting the course of justice or perjury.

As far as press interest is concerned, there is nothing that you can do about this. Practices vary between different courts. Some courts have members of the press there every day, others only on specific days. There is nothing remarkable about your case. It's pot luck as to whether the press happen to be in the same court room as you and whether they decide to print anything about your case.

Its not something that you can control.

Tomorrow's chip paper!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off