Court coming up, HELP

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lamb_Gooner

Morning,

I have been charged with "Drive motor vehicle when alcohol level above limit" and i am due in court in a week or two. Do i need a solicitor?

1. It is my first time in court (and never drink drove before) so no previous convictions
2. Blood level was 92 milligrams in 100
3. When arrested it was after a minor collision where i was the only one hurt (not badly)
4. i was arrested for drink driving and dangerous driving however there is no mention of dangerous driving on the Written Charges attendance sheet i received to attend court. So have these been dropped?
5. i was insured and have no witness statements or anything on the court summons.
6. I want to plead guilty and hope for a ban and fine
7. I do not have enough disposable income for a solicitor.

Does anyone have any help or advice?

Thank You

I would need to see your charge sheet to be sure but if it only refers to drink driving and not dangerous driving then I can only assume that the police have decided not to proceed with the dangerous driving charge. However, the prosecution are likely to describe the circumstances of the accident in court and this will be treated as an aggravating feature which could increase the punishment that you receive.

You will need to apply to the Crown Prosecution Service for a copy of the evidence, including copies of witness statements. This should be provided to you at court if you don't get a copy before hand.

I would advise you to arrange legal representation in advance of your court hearing in order to be best prepared. However, you have the option of representing yourself or asking for the court duty solicitor when you arrive at court. Ultimately this is your choice.

Thanks for the reply, do you think I am still only looking at a ban and a fine? As I am happy to take this punishment! Thanks

92 in blood would be a fine (Band C) and 12-16 month ban.
92 in breath would be a community penalty and 23-28 month ban.

The sentencing guidelines can be found here.

I went to court and they mentioned the crash and the other person hurt himself with both cars written off.

I was very remorsful and used a duty solicitor who was great (i recommend getting one) and i got a fine and a 11 month ban.

Was scared for ages so to anyone worried try to be remorseful and all will be ok (and always say you can pay what you need to as money talks)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off