Advice Needed Please

Convicted Driver Insurance

Let Down

Hi I hope you can help as I am losing all hope.

I received a 2 year ban for D & D in July 2015. I told I would get it back in 18 months if I completed a course and that I would be contacted. Since then untill now I have had no contact from the courts or the course company. Worried that I had not heard anything and that I was due my license back towards the end of Jan 2017, I contacted DVLA who advised me to contact the court. I spoke to a lady at the court and she emailed me a copy of the documents I should have received from the court soon after my conviction. I had not received these but acted promptly and called the company (Aspire) on the email. I advised that I had not been contacted and the lady from Aspire advised me that they had no record of me or any paperwork. I called the court back and advised the lady who I had spoken to what Aspire had said. The lady at the court advised me that she was happy to send them an email with my details. As I spoke to her I noticed that the paperwork stated that I had to have completed the course by 22nd November. This is where the problem lies. I contacted the DVLA, Court and Aspire on the 21st November. Which meant I was not able to do the course. The lady at the court asked me to email the court explaining what had happened. I did and I gave them full details as to how it had affected me personally and professionally and that by not getting my license back I would stand to lose the job I had just accepted as I have just resigned from my current job. They responded by saying that they could do nothing with regards to extending the date. I wrote back asking how I could appeal this as it was not something that I had done intentionally. I have heard nothing back. I am sorry about the long message, I really would welcome any advice.

Thank you in advance.:(

I am sorry to deliver bad news but I am afraid that the time limit for completing the course is strict.

The courts say that the responsibility is on you, as the defendant, to take proactive steps to contact the court or course providers to ensure that the deadline is met.

My experience of similar cases is that there is no right of appeal, the deadline will not be extended and you must now serve the full ban.

You can only do the course with an approved provider. You would have to contact them and find one prepared to allow you to do the course out of time. You may find that none of them will allow you to do it because you're out of time but you can try.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off