How long from being caught to being summoned to court?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Worriedoh

My husband was caught late night 6th November. He said he was taken to the police station & doesn't why but refused to blow or have blood test. He was taken ill with chest pains not long after being arrested & taken to hospital where he was left by the police at 5:30 am on 7th November. They did a roadside breath test at the hospital & did not return his keys as he was still over limit. He collected his keys from the police station the following evening.
He was told his case would be passed to the CPS but has not heard anything since.

Normally/on average how long between arrest & summons? We are both very are anxious about what will happen next & how we will get time off work near the Christmas period to attend court.

There is no specific time period for a CPS decision. It depends on the resources available to your local CPS branch office and the nature and complexity of the evidence under consideration.

The only strict time limit for summary only cases (i.e cases that can only be heard in the magistrates court as opposed to the crown court, such as failing to provide a sample) is 6 months from the date of the offence to the commencement of proceedings.

In your husband's case, there does not appear to be anything complex about the facts or the law. Typically, I'd expect a decision and a court summons within 2 or 3 months but equally it could be longer, anything up to 6 months.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off