Breathalyzed in August, Twice over Limit

Convicted Driver Insurance

fizzypop

Hi, Just a question! I was breathilised in August and had trouble blowing into it. 3rd time pc said ok "twice over the limit" I had drunk over a bottle of wine the previous evening and 1 glass and one lorazepam tablet as I was going to the dentist that afternoon, (I have the most terrible phobia you can imagine). I was then sick so I was ok to drive then I thought as I felt fine. 0n the way back from the dentist I clipped a parked vehicle (no-one inside and no other people injured). This happened at approx 4.10pm. They took bloods at hospital at around 7.30.pm and have since found out reading was 81. If i had been twice over the limit surely it wouldn't have come down as fast as that? The solicitor I saw at the Police Station said he had been told by the police that they couldn't get a test from me as I couldn't breath out fast enough?????
Any info. you could give would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
The road side test is not considered entirely reliable and is not admissions blue in evidence to prove you were over the limit. The rate that your body eliminates alcohol can vary and is dependent on several different factors. You could ask a forensic scientist with appropriate expertise to comment on whether your blood test at the hospital is connsistentbwirh the breath sample. You should also have been given a sample of blood to have independently analysed.

i cannot possibly say, based on the information supplied, whether the blood reading is reliable. If you would like us to make further enquiries then please call,one of my team.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off