Advice please!

Convicted Driver Insurance

88tk11

I was caught drink driving on the 13/11/2016. I blew 114 at the station but was unaware of the whole situation as I'd been in the pub all afternoon and was in no fit state to drive I don't even know how I managed to drive my car. When I awoke in the morning in the police cell I wasn't sure why I was there or what I had done other than a vague recollection of being brethalised at the police station. I'm not sure if I had been breathalysed at the road side or not. The police report had stated the police were called to where I was in my car after I had driven partly over someone's garden, no injuries or damage to any property had been sustained. I complied with all police protocol and did everything that was asked of me even though I was in an unfit state. I am extremely ashamed of myself and embarrassed by my behaviour and have never been in trouble with the law before and have never done this before and I don't know why I got in my car as I would usually walk home from the pub as its only a 20 minute walk. I have been going out a lot more than I usually would and explained in the police interview that I have had close family problems that I have had to deal with lately and have become very stressed regarding this, and i feel resulted in a different mind frame for me to act completely out of character. I realise that what I blew was high and I am very worried about a prison sentence. My employers have been very understanding about the situation and have offered to write character references for me to support my case as they agree this is completely out of character for me would this be a good idea? also some advice on what to do next and what I can expect to receive on my court date would be of great help. Again I am very upset about the whole situation and want to make amends for my action and I am thankful I didn't injure myself or others during this.

114 mg in breath is high but it's below the threshold for a prison sentence (which is 120mg). At that level you can expect a high level community penalty and 29-36 month disqualification for a first offence.

I would recommend that you take up your employers offer of a character reference. You are lucky to have such a supportive employer. References can be handed up to the magistrates who will read them before deciding on what punishment to give you. A positive reference can only help your case.

Good luck.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off