Accident caused by drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

DeeLou

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thank you in advance of any replies.
I am 33 years old, never been in trouble with the police before (no criminal record).
I have had my licence for 2 years and 9 months. I also have a driving job delivering.
Well on Thursday night i was out at a friends house, and she offered me a vodka and diet coke to which I drank, thinking one would be ok. (now i realise NONE is ok) I have been taking pain killers because i had rib pains due to a previous injury.
well i have no memory of what happened after my first drink and possibly drank a couple more, (no more than 4)
I have no memory of what happened next, except coming round slightly at the police station, to which i was told i had driven my car into a parked car on the side of the road, (bad damage to both cars, plus the car i hit, moved and hit the car infront of that) Apparently at the road side an ambulance was there before the police arrived, (have no memory at of this) and I failed a on the road breathalyser test. As to which the police arrested me and took me to the police where i gave a sample of my breath and i was over the limit by 116 then a second test of 113. I was then left in the cell til the following morning, where i see the police nurse because i had severe bruising to my hand and was concern of it being broken. and had lots of pain to my ribs/chest/breasts.. (airbag had deployed)
I gave a statement saying i can't remember what had happened, how it happened and why it happened.
And they have charged me with driving under the influence of alcohol, and dangerous driving. I was the only person hurt in this accident.
I was then released on bail until my court day in under 2 weeks time. well i have no idea on what i have to do next, how do i tell work? (what do i tell them) I walked straight from the police station to the hospital as i was in severe pain. The hospital did a full body examination, xrays, cat scan, mri scan. all of which came back ok and i just have severe bruising.

I am very sorry for what i did and i would never do it again. My whole life feels shattered. I feel lost, empty, emotional, hurt, disbelief, and i am absolutely disgusted with myself.

Please can you give me an idea of what to do next and what to expect?
Many thanks
D

The drink driving offence alone would usually carry a medium to high level community penalty and a disqualification of between 29 and 36 months.

The Dangerous driving offence also carries a mandatory ban for minimum of 12 months with a compulsory extended re-test. Dangerous Driving also carries up to 2 years imprisonment.

The two together will be viewed seriously. The court may want to at least consider a custodial sentence although with good mitigation it is avoidable. You really need to arrange legal representation. Call us if you'd like some help with this.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off