Medication and Drinking and Driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

bobbyisme

My dad recently got arrested by my sister for drink and driving. He received 50mg for his breath. My mother is a nurse who works full time in a hospital. My dad takes a lot of medicine including anti depressants which an affect a blood alchol level. Furthermore, my dad was called out by my sister because of a emergency. She has medical problems such as depression so she had to be picked up by my dad.
What would be the sentence my dad could get because of the increased level from his medication? Furthermore, my dad didnt know that the anti depressants can increase the level of alchol in your blood and breath.

Thanks in advance

Based on the sentencing guidelines a reading of 50mg in breath attracts a band C fine and disqualification of 12 - 16 months, for a first offence.

In order to investigate whether the medication has contributed to the alcohol reading you would need evidence from an expert. This may amount to a special reason (for not disqualifying) rather than a total defence to the charge.

You should seek advice from a drink driving solicitor to investigate this further. Call us on 03333233733 to discuss this in more detail.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off