Advice with regard to specimen requests

Convicted Driver Insurance

Garth

I had been at a dinner party last night with friends and had had a few glasses of red wine over dinner. I guess upon reflection, 6 glasses over 3-4 hours. Either way, I was stopped by police on the way home after I braked suddenly to avoid missing a turning; I was navigating home on unfamiliar roads.
I was asked whether I'd had anything to drink and answered honestly. A second police vehicle was summoned with a breathalyser and I blew 71 at the roadside. I was rightfully taken to the station where I was asked to blow into a larger machine. Due to my work in carpentry I have reduced lung capacity after years of inhaling micro dust particles in my workshop (as a result had to stop smoking).
The two attempts were unsuccessful as I couldn't blow for long enough.
I was asked and produced a urine sample instead and was released from custody an hour or so later.
I have read today that they should've taken two samples over the period of an hour and discarded the first. However only one sample was taken by command of which I have a portion. My questions is this: as only one was taken and none discarded, can this sample still be admissible ? I am sending my sealed sample off for analysis but am expecting it to be what would have been the higher of the two. All I'd like to know is was the correct procedure followed in the pursuit of a fair reading from my sample.
I have been bailed to reappear on December 13th.
Many thanks

Two separate urine samples should be taken, within an hour. The first should discarded and the second used in evidence. Failure to follow the correct procedure can result in the sample being ruled as inadmissible. The law and procedure in this area is very technical and complex. You're doing the right thing having your sample analysed. I would strongly advise you to get expert legal advice.

My my team of expert drink driver got lawyers can assist. Give one of my team a call on tel:03333233726 for free, no obligation advice.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off