likely drink drive court outcome

Convicted Driver Insurance

Olliea2294

Hi all,

I would just like some guidance and clearance over the likely outcome of my magistrates court case on november 7th. Essentially on the night in question, I went out to a house party with some 15 friends. long story short, there was next to no room to stay at the house so STUPIDLY my friend suggested we drive back to his as it was not far and it had been a while between our last drink and had also had some food so all felt we were fine to go back. Anyway, about 10 mins away from my friends house, we were driving on a country road and my car went of the road. I had my best friend in my passenger seat and the car just came off a bend. i remember clearly just turning the wheel (not speeding at all) and the car not responding to the turn of the wheel. we both knew we were heading for the ditch so i just eased on the brakes as didn't want to slam them on and risk the car just skidding completely. the car was quite badly damaged on the exterior, the front in particular but the interior was fine (i.e no cave ins or anything, no deformation or anything). Both myself and my friend were completely unhurt which was the main priority. we drove back to my friends house as i was in shock and they were thinking of what we could do to avoid any police involvement. i said after 2 minutes of getting back that we need to call the emergency services to a. get the car off road and b. tell them what i had done. i turned myself into the police who arrived and took me back to the station. I blew 59 on the breathalyser and was charged with drink driving. I have no previous convictions, not even a speeding ticket. what is the likely outcome of the magistrates a week on monday? i have been told by both solicitors that a prison sentence is completely out of the question. would just like to get other opinions to get an idea as am worrying a lot.

thanks

The sentencing guidelines, found part way down this page here, recommend a Band C fine and disqualification of 12 to 16 months for a first time offender who pleads guilty. These are the guidelines that the Magistrates will refer to. Any ban can be reduced by up to 25% if you successfully complete the drink drive rehabilitation course within the specified deadline. You must be referred for this course at the time of sentence. Ad drink driving solicitor can ensure that all you're mitigation is properly presented so that you receive the minimum punishment in the circumstances of your case.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off