police interview, no comment or talk?

Convicted Driver Insurance

ongand

Ui, i have a police interview about alleged driving while disqualified, and there 3-4 "witnesses" that just saw my car spin out of controll because of a puncture. They did not see how many people were in the van as they came from behinf then the car spun and the person that was driving (i found him via blablacar) run away and at that time they were behind my car, when those pople came up to me they just saw me sitting in the drivers side, i wanted to switch of the engine, put th hand brake on, find my stuff as it flew everywhere etc. Now police are doing inquerries and want me to come to an interview, if i dont find a solicitor and even if i do find one, should i say no commnt or answer questions?

You are entitled to free and independent legal advice from a solicitor or accredited police station advisor during your police interview. They will be given disclosure of the evidence by the police prior to your interview and will be in a position to give you advice about how to respond to questions during your interview. They will be best placed to advise you whether to answer questions or make no comment replies because they will have the benefit of disclosure from the police and also speaking to you in more detail and obtaining your version of events.

If you are given an appointment to attend the police station for interview then make arrangements in advance for a solicitor to attend with you. Call one of my team on 03333233729 if you'd like us to arrange this.

well it says pre charge unconditional bail bail granted under section 37 (2) Police and criminal eviidence act 1984 to eneable the police to make further enquiries, does this men that they are just trying to find evidence and if they cant than the case will be closed or do they want me to come back for an interview even though i already had one in the morning although i was so tired that i dont remember much. Also, is it possible to ask for the evidence my self? and how much would you charge to come to the police station with me and then if needed birstol magistrates court. They also told me to come back on the 25/11/2016, do you now why it may take so long? and can i get the evidence they have right now or only after 25/11/2016

Last edited:
It means that you have been bailed to allow the police time to conduct further enquiries. This is very common and I wouldn't read too much into it. You could be reinterviewed when you answer your bail if there are more questions that the police want to put to you, but not necessarily. It's impossible to predict what the outcome of the investigation will be and whether or not you'll be charged. I've no idea why you've been bailed until 25/11/16. The police obviously feel they need that time to complete their enquiries.

You can request disclosure of the evidence yourself but you won't get any disclosure unless and until you are charged with an offence.

You are entitled to a solicitor or accredited police station advisor at the police station for free under the police station legal aid scheme.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off