driving while disqualified what can expect please help

Convicted Driver Insurance

ongand

To cut a long story short, police think that i was driving while disqualified even though they didnt see it and i didnt do it, but they just have 3 or 4 witness statements. Will the court count this as enough evidence to empose an extra ban? also my ban finishes on the 25th of october (6 days) when they though that i was driving it was 9 days, if the court does punish me what can expect? can they just give me points or will they have to impose an extra ban?

Disqualified driving is a serious offence. If you are convicted, it carries a further driving disqualification and up to 6 months imprisonment. As an alternative to prison the court may consider community based penalties (e.g unpaid work, supervision and/or electronically monitored curfew). These community penalties can be imposed as part of a suspended prison sentence. The length of time left on the ban , relative to the length of ban actually served will be a factor they'll take into account.

As far as the evidence is concerned, the court will have to make an assessment of the witnesses live evidence (under cross examination by your legal rep) as well as an assessment of your own denials in evidence (you will also be cross examined by the prosecutor). The court will then have to decide who they believe, and whether the witnesses evidence, along with any other prosecution evidence, is enough to satisfy them beyond all reasonable doubt that you were driving whilst disqualified.

You would be well advised to arrange legal representation as this is a serious offence.

thank you for your reply, if i do get convicted is it possible for the court to just give me community service and a few weeks in jails instead of a further ban as i can not be without a car any longer

Whilst it is possible to receive 6 penalty points for this offence, it is more likely for Court's to sentence disqualified drivers to an extended period of disqualification. The Court would want very good reason as to why the disqualification should not be extended.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off