I had no choice but to drink drive HELP!

Convicted Driver Insurance

snayl86

OK so long story. The day I drove drunk, it was the anniversary of my mother dying. I was down the pub and had drunk 3 pints. My keys are attached to my door keys, I never intended to drink that night. My girlfriend was at home. She called me and we had a row about me being out. I walked home to speak with her. She had locked my front door. I tried to call her and shout up for her to let me in but she didn't answer. I got in my car and tried calling friends to see if anyone near could get me but nobody could. I tried to call family but nobody answered. I started to panic and next thing I can remember is being arrested. I've since been diagnosed with clinical depression which I wasn't aware of at the time else I wouldn't have drunk. I had no choice but to get in that car. Any advice? I've lost my job over this too.

I'm afraid that the information raised would not amount to a defence. Whilst I fully appreciate that you were placed in a very difficult position, the Court are highly unlikely accept that you were left with no alternative other than to drink drive. For example it could have been open to you to stay in your car overnight, or to take a taxi to a hotel etc. Had you simply slept in your car then you would have only been charged with being drunk in charge of a vehicle and may well have had a defence.

Hi, sorry as more detail is emerging I'll update, so it's all a bit over the place.

My partner who locked me out, she's admitted to me and will do in court that she basically threatened me that if I didn't leave then she was going to get family round to "get rid of me."

This is why I panicked so much and drove. I had no money or bank cards or anything.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off