Disqualification reduction hearing booked, what key things must I prepare for the day

Convicted Driver Insurance

jwool2275

I have recently booked my reduction hearing and really just need some clarity regarding the main things I need to prepare for the day.

I was banned in 2014 for 4 years. Driving with alcohol in excess etc. I blew high. Second ban Ive had, first was a year (2010).

My main reason for needing the license back is that I am soon to be finishing a years training for a new career and cannot graduate without my license. I have completed everything the court asked of me without any issues or missed sessions. When I was arrested I went quietly. I no longer drink, last drink was with family 2 months ago. And Drink drive course £150 due to start the week after the hearing. I've been to AA. What else....

What do I need to present to the court and what evidence should or can I get? Do I just need to demonstrate I am now a reformed character? Should I write a letter in prep for the day to just read through or will I be asked a list of specific questions?

Providing I feel I've done my reasearch I will be able to convey myself confidently in court.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

The best advice I can give is to ensure that you have as much documentation as possible to back up your position. If you are making the application primarily on the basis that you need your licence to graduate then I advise obtaining a letter from the training provider explaining why this is the case. If you are not working at the moment, or are struggling financially then it would be helpful to obtain a reference from a family member or close friend confirming your position. Similarly if you have any outstanding debts etc. you should bring documents to Court confirming the current position.

Demonstrating that you are a reformed character and unlikely to commit and further offences will also be of benefit. If there was a reason that the previous offences occurred, then it can be helpful to address this head on. For example I have acted for people who were suffering from depression and had begun drinking to cope with this, which has led to the offences occurring. They have then sought counselling and stopped drinking, significantly reducing the chances of a further offence being committed by the time they are making the application.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off