Blew 36 at the roadside

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dan.eldridge23

i was arrested last Saturday after an accident and blew 36 at the roadside, whilst i was at the roadside the officers that were involved spent 5 to ten minutes deciding weather or not to give me a second breath test at the road to see if it was below and send me on my way.

please bear in mind i had only had 2 pints of shandy and 2 pints of fosters over a 3 and a half hour period

they decided to take me to the police station.

at the police station they were quickly told by there custody sergant that i should have been taken to hospital as a was injured in a head on collision,to hear the officers tell me i didn't make them aware of my injuries!! at the time i was in shock and put on a iv drip to reduce my heart rate, and was also given some very strong painkillers which made me very drowsey. i was told that the only option was to take blood as they had lost to much time to breathalyze me at the station. i was handed a form to sign at which all i was told was to do with the blood being taken, about half an hour after. i blew 36 at the roadside at 19.45pm and by the time they got a doctor to take my blood it was 1.15am the following morning, some 5hrs later.

even before i was taken to hospital i was placed in the police car and could hear the officers still asking what they should do regarding anther test,

the whole experience makes me feel very uneasy as i am convinced that the two officers involved didn't really understand what they were doing, i just don't want to be tripped up by the police just for them to get a result

they eventually had another officer turn up to take over dealing with me.

at no point was i asked any questions from anyforms as i have read about, and just handed a page to sign.

i noticed the officer filling out paper work the whole time we were there but was never asked any questions, other than general chit chat, this was all done at the end of there shift and just got the impression that they just didn't want to be there

im probably clutching at straws but will i have a chance?

I take it from the time frames stated that you have not actually been charged with an offence at this time?

If you are still awaiting the results of your blood test back then it is far from guaranteed that you will actually be prosecuted for an offence of drink driving. If your reading was 36 at the roadside and the blood sample was taken some 5.5 hours later, then there is a good chance that your reading will come back at 0. If so then it is highly likely that no action will be taken as it would be very difficult to carry out a back calculation on this basis, should the police even wish to do so.

If you have been given your own sample of blood then I advise having this tested. You will have the results back far quicker than the police will from their own sample and it should give you some peace of mind in respect of your likely reading. If you do not have your own specimen then the best thing to do at this stage is to wait for the police to confirm whether or not you are being charged with an offence. If they do charge you with drink driving you can then begin to look into any procedural irregularities that may have occurred.

I have not been charged no, I am wanted to go back to the police station on the 11th November, wich I was given on the day of the allegation

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off