Drink driving ban appeal in crown court

Convicted Driver Insurance

papa

HI I have been banned from the Magistrate court for 12 months few days ago for my first ever offence of drink driving where I had 42 mg of 100 ml breath. I would loose my job definitely if I don't get my licence back asap. I have appealed in crown court next week is there any advice as I and my family would terribly suffered if I loose my job. Please help

I'm afraid that if you are simply pleading guilty to the offence then a disqualification is mandatory, irrespective of what impact this has on your family. For a first offence of drink driving the sentencing guidelines advise the imposition of a 12-16 month disqualification and a Band C fine which is calculated on your income. The Court also have the power to offer the drink drive rehabilitation course which would reduce the length of your ban by up to 25% upon completion.

If the Court have sentenced you to a 12 month disqualification and also offered you the opportunity to attend the drink drive rehabilitation course then this is the minimum sentence available to the Court. In these circumstances appealing to the Crown Court would unfortunately have no benefit and may in fact increase the Court costs you are facing.

thank you for your reply. Can't I request the crown court to replace my driving ban with penalty points as my employer has told me already that he would have no space for me with not being able to drive?

I look forward

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off