job on the line

Convicted Driver Insurance

neilscfc

I have been charged for drink driving and appear in court in Liverpool 20/10/16 I blew 91 at the police station. My question is, will they take in to account that it's my first offence for anything, I am the sole provider for my wife and 3 kids (wife doesn't work), my job is hgv driver? I know a ban is inevitable but if I can keep it down to 12 months and then get offered a DDRC I may be able to keep my job being transferred in to the warehouse whilst my ban is in place. Is there anything I can do to plead for this?

Whilst you can certainly ask for leniency, I would be very surprised if the Court were to sentence you to the minimum 12 month disqualification. Your reading is more than 2.5 times the legal limit and places you into the third sentencing bracket which advises the imposition of a 23-28 month disqualification and a community order. As your reading is only marginally into the third bracket, it may be possible to convince the Court to sentence you in the second bracket of the guidelines, which advises a 17-22 month ban and a Band C fine. The DDRC should be offered in either case and would reduce the length of your ban by up to 25% upon completion.

I advise that you try to get as much information together as possible in advance of the Court hearing to support your plea of mitigation, e.g. a reference from your employers, financial information etc. The more information that you have the more likely it is for the Court to impose a lesser sentence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off