Partner Charged with Drink Driving with Kids in Car

Convicted Driver Insurance

JLomax88

My partner was arrested and charged for drink driving. He is due to appear in court. We are unsure of what to do and just how bad this is?? We had the kids in the car but we're not aware that he would be over the limit otherwise this would never have happened. My partner was also only stopped due to a problem with the break light and this is where they then said they could smell beer and breathalised him. Please help

Last edited by a moderator:
For a first offence with a reading of 64 in breath your husband falls into the lower end of second bracket of the Magistrates sentencing guidelines which advise the imposition of a 17-22 month disqualification and a band C fine: http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/have-you-been-caught-convicted-drink-driving/38.htm He is also likely to be offered the opportunity to attend the drink driver rehabilitation course which would reduce the length of disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

Because your husbands reading is towards the lower end of the bracket there is a good chance that the ban could be kept down to 17 months initially, and then reduced to around 13 months after completing the drink driver rehabilitation course. Mitigation can be presented to the Court explaining his position and the issues that a disqualification are likely to cause. The Court can then consider this when determining the sentence.

If your husband is interested in obtaining representation for this matter he is welcome to contact my department on 0333 999 7158.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off