DR10 in sept 2001-march 2003 18 month ban no points etc has expired in 2012

Convicted Driver Insurance

gillgill

Hi i was banned for 18 months on 14th Sept 2001 until 13th March 2003, for DR10 have checked my dvla records and have no points etc and it says DR10 expired in 2012. I am positive when convicted at wigan magistrates court they said my ban would be reduced if i took a course, i did not take a course as i couldn't afford to purchase a car at the time so wasn't bothered driving anyway. I recently for my license again and when i received it, it was a provisional, i have contacted the DVLA to ask why this is and am still waiting to hear from them, this was a few months ago. It was my 1st driving offense and have not drunk drove again i've no points, endorsements, so why a provisional instead of a full one
G.G

I cannot say for certain what has happened, but based upon your account there are 2 distinct possibilities.

1. The Court had ordered you to carry out a re-test when you were disqualified for the original drink driving offence, therefore a full licence cannot be returned to you

2. The DVLA have simply made a mistake in their records and accidentally issued a provisional driving licence rather than a full UK one.

In any event, if you have not heard from the DVLA for several months then you would be best served by chasing them, ideally doing so both over the phone or in writing. They should be able to clarify the position with you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off