Driving on a endorsed licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sean ryder

I was pulled over on the 10/01/2016 driving with an endorsed licence.
I had swapped my Irish drivers licence for a uk one and the Irish Rsa accepted the change.
The DVLA send out a letter saying that the licence I had surrendered was not the most up to date I had. I had 12 months to surrender the most up to date licence or my licence would be revoked. I never received an up to date Irish licence. I failed to receive the letters from the DVLA due to not updating my residential address.
And my licence was revoked in March 2015.
Iv now received a plea letter from HMRC. I need advice what to do. Is there anyway of avoiding points and a fine?
Should I go to court guilty and hope they are lenient?
Or just plead guilty and not attend court as they will just issue standard point and fines and I would be wasting my time?
Honest answer would be greatly appreciated!

The difficulty you face is that you had not received the DVLA correspondence due to an error on your part (failing to update your address). In the circumstances I believe it would be difficult to argue that you were not at fault for the offence. Because there has been an issue with the licence you have sent in it does not meet the requirements to change it to a UK one.

One thing that may be worth investigating is whether your Irish driving licence was still valid. If this was the case then you may be able to plead not guilty on the basis that you were entitled to drive under your Irish licence. It is worth contacting the Irish RSA to see what their position is on the matter. If they are of the opinion that your Irish licence was no longer valid then I cannot see that there would be a defence to the allegation.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off