Spent conviction confusion!

Convicted Driver Insurance

raspberry121

Hi, I have done a lot of searching Oon this forum and am now banging my head against the wall! There seems to be a lot of conflicting thoughts/advice.:confused::confused:
I fully understand the DR10 endorsement is on my license for 11 years, that is not the issue.

Question:- When does a DD conviction become spent when applying for jobs that DO NOT REQUIRE THE ENHANCED LEVEL SEARCH (or whatever it's called)?
IE, Applying for a job that is not exempt from The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. (I am not applying for a finance job, legal job, working with vulnerable people etc, just a 'normal' run of the mill job! eg a shopworker)

Some replies to other questions on this matter also mention something like "if you were fined by a court then the conviction is spent after 5 years"
What if you were not actually fined and only had costs and a victim surcharge, does this change anything or do they count as fines also?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. :)

(ps contacted NACRO just after my disqualification and they gave me wrong advice :mad: as to when my ban was finished so, I cannot trust them with this question)

EDIT
Just found out on your website that a community order puts me in the 5 year until spent bracket anyway, BUGGER!

Yes I'm afraid that the conviction will have to be disclosed for the next 5 years, unless as you rightly state a DBS check is carried out in which case it would be 11 years.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off