Drink driving moving car in car park

Convicted Driver Insurance

Billybob

Hi,

I got breathalysed last night at 69. I'd been out for the day and had paid for car parking until the following day, I wasn't happy with the position my car was in and like an idiot decided to move it in the car park away from a dark corner. I thought wrongly that it was private land so would be ok.

Any idea on what I may be looking at ? CCTV shows me moving and re parking the car.

Thanks

If you are convicted of the offence then the Court will be looking to impose a 17-22 month disqualification and a Band C fine which would be calculated based upon your income. You are also likely to be offered the opportunity to attend the drink drive rehabilitation course which would reduce the length of your disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

You may be able to look at arguing a special reasons plea based on the fact you have only driven your vehicle a very short distance. If you were to successfully argue this, you would still be convicted of the offence but the Court would have the discretion to reduce or completely avoid a disqualification being imposed. To successfully argue this there are a number of points that you would have to satisfy, however the most problematic is likely to be your reason for driving the vehicle and whether this is good enough to justify your decision. The Court are likely to ask whether a sober friend would have advised you to move the car, if the answer is no then your special reasons plea is likely to be rejected.

If this is something you would like to discuss further or you would like to discuss the option of representation you are welcome to contact my department on 0333 999 7158.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off