Police broke my arm

Convicted Driver Insurance

jes1970

Hi can u help me I was driving a short distance then stopped when I realized what I was doing I had a couple of glasses of wine and had a argument with someone and decided to drive to beachy head to commit suicide. I have been under a lot of stress in the last 12months with divorce. rape adultery and suicide attempts which I nearly died.
When I stopped the car a couple of minutes later a police car pulled up then three others did. Five police officers got out .All which I thought completely unessisary . I was roughly pulled out of car with no intention of driving off .then I was made to sit on a wall and do a breath test which was 48 .the officer that arrested me was really rough bending my arm back and hurting me .I later found it was broken. I am under the mental health team and have sevear depression. Losing my license would push me over the edge .I also have a disability so I need a car . I have never had any driving offences before. I am due in Court wed 22nd June .is there any way I can keep my license please thank you

I'm afraid that if you simply plead guilty to the offence then a disqualification is mandatory. For a first offence with a reading of 48 in breath the Court will be looking to impose a 12-16 month disqualification and a Band C fine which would be based upon your income.

I fully understand your personal circumstances, however if you were to argue a special reasons plea to the Court to avoid the imposition of a disqualification this would have to be based around the circumstances of the offence, e.g. an emergency or having to leave a certain area because of an assault etc. Due to the time frames it would be best to discuss this with the duty solicitor at Court if you do not already have representation.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off