Blew 119, court in 2weeks, what now?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hannah9876

Quite numb and upset about the whole situation but I need to start facing reality and figure out what happens next. Got arrested and charged on the weekend, I blew 119, I'm guessing that's really high and I'm in big trouble.
First time I've ever been arrested although I was given a conditional discharge for 12months for failure to notify a change of circumstances under the social security act in Nov 2014.
Had one speeding ticket and did the course rather than take the points. 2ish years ago.
No other points, never been in trouble with the police before.
Any ideas what I'm facing?

For a first offence with a reading of 119 in breath the Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise the imposition of a 23-28 month disqualification and a community order. You are at the very top end of this bracket and the Court will therefore be looking to sentence you at the higher end of the range. You are however likely to be offered the opportunity to attend the drink drive rehabilitation course which would reduce the length of your disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

Mitigation would certainly be relevant in your case, e.g. explaining your own personal circumstances and how the disqualification and community order are likely to affect you. You can also submit character references to the Court in support of your mitigation and these can typically be prepared by friends/family/co-workers. If you are interested in obtaining representation for this matter you are welcome to call my department on 0333 999 7158.

Just thought I'd offer an update, I was sentenced to a 28month ban, 80hrs community service, costs of £85 and victim surcharge of £85.
Ive also got the option of the drink awareness course so if I've worked it out correctly my ban will reduce to 21 months. Pretty sure I need a medical before getting my licence back although the court didn't mention this.
Good luck to others in the same situation, time to get on with my life!

Yes, if the Court offered you the full 25% reduction for completing the course this will reduce the ban to 21 months. You are also correct in saying that you will have to complete a medical before your licence can be returned to you, as such I would advise applying for your licence around 3 months before the end of your disqualification so that this can be carried out in good time.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off