suspected of drink and driving? Please help

Convicted Driver Insurance

jerrycan

I have been suspected of drink and driving, i was arrested and released the next day. I have to go to court in just under 2 weeks.

I am going to plead not guilty. What will happen? Will my court case turn into a trial ? When will the next trial be? How many weeks later?

Will I still be able to drive if it turns into a trial ? How can I find any evidence police have, or will they only show this on the trial or court date?

Am I innocent until proven guilty? I have never been to court before I do not know what to expect

Please help me with this

Thank you

If you plead not guilty then your case will be adjourned and re-listed for trial. You will have to give reasons for your not guilty plea, e.g. you do not accept that you were driving. When the trial is listed will depend on a number of factors including the availability of any witnesses. Typically speaking any adjournment is in the region of 2-3 months although this is very much a ballpark figure.

You should still be able to drive if you enter a not guilty plea, it is only if you are convicted that you will be disqualified. You can request any specific evidence from the police at the first hearing, the Court should then set a specific date for the prosecution to serve this evidence. You are indeed innocent until proven guilty.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off