Went to move car, breath tested and blew 98

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jfaherty2016

Hello , I had few drinks last Thursday night in my pub after finishing work , before I headed to bed I forgot that my girlfriend said the car was sticking out a bit , so stupidly I went to move it in !as our wing mirror was smashed the week before , as soon as I entered the car a got bagged, I left the front door of the pub open , and at 5am a former cop our neighbor came in to see was everything ok , I blew over 3 times the limit , so far I went to doctor for tablets to stay of drinking , and attending aa meeting tomorrow, it's a first offence ! I'm scared of what can happen

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Mr

Based upon the information provided you may be able to argue special reasons based upon the shortness of distance driven and how far you were intending to drive. A special reasons plea arises where someone accepts committing the offence, however there are circumstances relating to the offence itself which are significantly outside the norm and worthy of consideration by the Court. If successfully argued, this enables the Court to avoid the imposition of a disqualification, although you will still be convicted of the offence.

If you are intending to argue this then it will be useful to obtain as much evidence as possible in support of your case. For example if there is any CCTV footage from your pub which shows you walking out to the car, or that you had only just left the pub when the police arrived, then this would be useful as it demonstrates that you have not driven the vehicle. Similarly if your girlfriend can confirm that she told you the vehicle needed to be moved then this would also support your account.

If you are able to confirm what your breath reading was then I can offer some advice regarding the likely sentence in the case if you are convicted.

If you are interested in obtaining legal representation you are welcome to contact my department on 0333 999 7158.

Re: Mr

On the presumption that your reading was 105 in breath you fall into the third bracket of the Magistrates sentencing guidelines which advise the imposition of a 23-28 month disqualification and a community order. You are also likely to be offered the drink drive rehabilitation course which would reduce the length of disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off