2nd Disqualification - Help Needed.

Convicted Driver Insurance

snk7

Hi,

I am on my 2nd DD Disqualification, I received a 4 year ban from the Court around this time - 2 years ago (2014), (my 1st DD was in 2006).
Afterwards my Solicitor (Legal-Aid) told me I that I can come back to court in 2 years time & apply for my Licence, The time has come.

Afterwards DVLA wrote to me & mentioned I will hear back from them around 2017 in steps to take of getting my Licence back - I will have to do a Medical (at my expense) - that's all.

I have learnt my lesson the 2nd time for definite, I have not had an alcoholic drink for almost 2 years now. - I know what I did is unacceptable, but going forward I will ensure there is NO 3rd time.

I need help/advise of what I can do to get my Driving License back as it has been 2 years, Look forward for your help.

Many Thanks

You are correct in saying that you can apply for the early removal of your disqualification after you have served at least 2 years of the ban. If you are successful in your application you will still have to complete the DVLA medical before your licence can be reinstated.

The application itself has to be made to the Court that imposed the disqualification and a hearing will almost certainly be required to hear your application. It is not a certainty by any means that your disqualification will be lifted. The Court will consider the reasons for your request and typically there must bee a need for your licence to be reinstated (e.g. an offer of employment, or a change in your personal circumstances).

If you are interested in obtaining representation for this you are welcome to contact my department on 0333 999 7158.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off