Please help,drink driving charge and court advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

mistake81

Please help,Ive ruined my life and i dont know where to start with all this.I visited a friend on friday 26th March.I wasnt planning on drinking anything but ended up extremely drunk.I cant remember leaving the house or getting in my car.I tried to drive away,hit a parked car,didnt even realise I had done it so carried on,I have no memory of this until an angry man opened the driver door,took my keys and called the police,i remember bits of being at the station but not alot.I stupidly refused a solicitor through sheer shock and terror.My alcohol level was 91.this is the first time ive evr done anything like this and i have no idea what to do.I have court on March 18th.I dont know how much a solicitor costs or how much i will be fined.Since the accident and being held over night my partner of 8 years has left me.Im scared I wont be able to keep my business open.I literally am in a state of despair,any advice would be so valuable.

For a first offence with a reading of 91 in breath the Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise the imposition of a 23-28 month disqualification and a community order. Alongside this you should also be offered the opportunity to attend the drink drive rehabilitation course which will reduce the length of your disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

Based upon the information provided it does not appear that any defence or special reasons plea would be a viable option, unless there were issues in the procedures followed by the officers obtaining the breath specimens. You are however able to present mitigation to the Court to try and minimise the severity of the sentence imposed. You can explain for example the impact that a disqualification/community order would have upon your impact to run your business.

Solicitors fees will vary between firms and also on how you wish to deal with the case. If you would like to discuss the possibility of representation you are welcome to call my department on 0333 999 7158.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off