Charged with drink driving last night, first offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

graham76

I got charged with drink driving last night, with it being my first ever offence will that be taken into consideration? Will I need a solicitor ? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that it is your first offence can be put forward in mitigation. If you can confirm what your reading was then I can advise what the likely sentence will be. Whether or not you need a solicitor is up to you, the more serious an offence is the more benefit representation has. Similarly if you are heavily reliant on your driving licence then reducing the ban can make it well worth instructing a solicitor. If you are interested in representation then you are welcome to call my department on 0333 999 7158.

The Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise the imposition of a 17-22 month disqualification and a Band C fine. The fact that you have been involved in an accident and the fact that your reading falls into the middle of the bracket means that the Court would be likely to sentence towards the higher end of this range. They should however also offer you the opportunity to attend the drink drive rehabilitation course which will reduce the length of the disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off