Drink Driving, RTA and Failing to Stop on Suspended Prison Sentence

Convicted Driver Insurance

ORGANICNUTTER

Hi People.
I'm new to the forum so here goes.
I was caught on Wednesday 4.3.15 for drink driving and 2 rta (minor scuffs) and failing to stop at both incidents and not giving details or reporting them and when stopped by the police I refused a breath test but gave one at the station with readings of 90 then 81.Ive only just got back on the road this week after serving s 18 month ban for drink driving which ran out last August.I had a DR10 put on my licence as the reading was 108 originally I'm currently servings 18 week 12 month suspended sentence since last August so bottom line is what should I expect? I know I will be getting a prison sentence but not sure how long? Any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
The minimum custodial sentence that you will receive would be the 18 weeks that have been suspended at the previous hearing. However because of the nature of the current offences the Court may well be minded to extend the length of the sentence, however the Magistrates are restricted to a maximum custodial sentence of 6 months.

You may well be eligible for legal aid, dependant upon your current financial situation. I would strongly advise contacting a local solicitors to look at getting representation for the hearing.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off