hurry up and get my court date...

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ryan9911

well hello im just wondering why it is taking them so long to get my court date... i was over the limit on the blood test was 147mg i did crash the car and had a fairly bad head injury witch was diserved.. i know im getting band and rightfully so.. but im just wondering why its taking them so long to get me to court... its really annoying me... as this happend 24th of December last year. i spent 3 days in hospital. i admitted it to them as there is no need to lie.. im not a liar just very stupid on occasions.. and just wondering why they are taking there time... and what is the worst i could face.. there was no one eles involved in the crash just me and a hedge no passangers witch im thankful for.

Is the blood reading the result of your own test or the one the police have carried out? If the police have their own blood results back then normally they will have you attend the police station where you will be formally charged and given a hearing date. However they will sometimes decide to issue a summons for the offence which can take longer to get organised. Unfortunately there is very little you can do to hurry this process along, the best you can do is to call the police and ask where things are up to.

thank you for replying i have been charged and it was a police blood test in the hospital.. so im just wondering why it is taking so long..

If you have been charged then you should have a Court hearing date. If you aren't aware of one I would strongly suggest getting in contact with the police to check whether you have been bailed to attend a hearing.

well i phoned 101.. said i was charged they agreed with me but still none the wiser on why i was not given a court date... its really bugging me cause i should be punished but why are they not doing it... and what do you think the length of the ban i will recive thanks mate.. i just fined it odd.. that i have not been to court as i have had friends been charged and in court in days for the same offence..

You are correct, it is a very odd situation indeed. Unfortunately all you can do now is wait for the police or Court to contact you with a hearing date.

Your reading falls into the second sentencing bracket which advises a 17-22 month disqualification and a Band C fine. The fine is calculated on both your income and your outgoing expenses so the amount will vary depending on this. You are also likely to be offered the drink drive rehabilitation course which will reduce your disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

ok well thank you for all your help lesson learnt. i just thought they would of wanted to get me off the road as quick as possible but anyway thank you very much.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off