Early return of license with a awareness course......confused?

Convicted Driver Insurance

jason666

Hi Ive been banned for around 2 years now, I was banned for 4 years and did an awareness course which reduced this down to 3 years. I'm now trying to apply for early return of my license as im struggling without it and it has really affected my job. Ive heard though that if Ive already had a reduction then i cant apply for early return. This doesn't make sense to me as if I hadn't had a reduction i would now be probably looking at my license back and why would they want to give someone a license back who hasn't done an awareness course than who has. Im confused and worried can anyone shed some light please thank you.

You can make an application for the early removal of your disqualification after you have completed 2 years of it, irrespective of whether you have attended a drink drive awareness course. You will need to write to the Court that imposed the disqualification and ask them to list a hearing to consider the application.

I have wrote a letter etc etc it was the courts clerk who told me this. The letter has now been forward on to the legal department. can I fight the cause if they say I'm not legible due to the info given bein false?

If they refuse to list your case I would strongly advise requesting confirmation of which part of the legislation prohibits you from making the application if you have attended a driver awareness course. The only restriction I am aware of is that anyone who has to take an extended re-test before their licence is returned cannot have the disqualification ended early.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off