advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

imcalp

Hi all. I got convicted for drink driving and got 3 years ban, but due to not wanting to lose my job etc I stupidly continued to drive but obviously got caught. I received a year ban to run along with first ban, fine and community service. I have read that you can apply to have a license back early if 3 years ban was received. This was 2 years ago and wanted any advice on weather I would stand a change of having it returned early? Any advice greatly appreciated.

If your second disqualification is still in effect then there is no benefit to you making the application as this will only lift your initial disqualification. However if your 1 year disqualification has ended and you are more than 2 years into your original disqualification then you are able to make the application.

You will need to write to the Court who originally imposed the disqualification and ask them to list a hearing to consider lifting the disqualification. You would then need to attend Court and explain why you are making the application. You should also be aware that even if successful, this does not automatically mean that you can begin driving again. You would still have to complete the DVLA medical and any other orders made by the Court before you could begin driving again.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off