Due to appear in court for Drink Driving Charge

Convicted Driver Insurance

daniel_thomas

Good Afternoon,

I had consumed alcohol during the evening a few weeks ago until around 3am, I then drove my car with a friend at 8am to go to a shop to buy cigarettes, as soon as I turned out from my road by tyre rubbed against the central reservation and a police car was behind me, I am guessing this is why he chose to stop me.

I ended up blowing 74 on the breathalyser and then 66 in the police station, I got charged with Drink Driving, 2 charges of my tyres being below the recommended tread and charged for not having "every headlamp in working order".

I am due in court on the 30th, I am unable to afford representation and was just hoping on some advice on what to do/what to expect?
I have (had) a clean driving licence but have a previous conviction for possession with intent to supply from 2 years ago (using drugs at a music festival, just got a fine) and am hoping this doesn't affect my sentencing.

Many thanks,

With a reading of 66 the magistrates sentencing guidelines advise a 17-22 month disqualification and a Band C, means tested fine. The other offences will be considered aggravating factors but are unlikely to attract a separate penalty. The Court will be aware of your previous conviction but it unlikely to have a significant impact on the severity of your current sentence as it has no relation to your driving record.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your advice, took a load off my mind.

Just an update on what happened at court.

I received a 17 month ban and a £349 fine, nothing happened with the other charges.

Glad to hear it. I'd simply advise taking the drink drive course as soon as possible (assuming that this was offered to you) and when approaching the end of your disqualification it would be best to send your D1 licence form to the DVLA about a month early to allow them sufficient time to deal with the matter.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off