need some advice regarding DVLA medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

vk1972

hi, been for myu medical and they have written to my doctors stating that i either misue or am dependant on alchol which is not true. I do drink socially and was on holiday 2 weeks before medical test so drank more that I probably woul EVER. I dont understand this proces i thought if my levels were two high then they would flately refuse and I never been to my doctor with an alcohol problem.. Only once when I broke my arm on a night out. So can you explain to me why they have doen this, is it becasue im in the amber bracket and they need to understand why the level was high. ALso I am on meds for anxiety hence the reason I dont drink that much.

Can you assist as If I dont get my licence back I will lose my job..

Vicky

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be surprised if the DVLA have written to your doctors stating that you are dependant or misuse alcohol. Normally they will write to them to ask whether this is the case and decide whether to grant or refuse your licence on this basis. If your GP states that they have concerns about your alcohol consumption, or you have told the DVLA doctor that you are consuming a large amount of alcohol, then your licence application will likely be refused.

I would be surprised if the DVLA have written to your doctors stating that you are dependant or misuse alcohol. Normally they will write to them to ask whether this is the case and decide whether to grant or refuse your licence on this basis. If your GP states that they have concerns about your alcohol consumption, or you have told the DVLA doctor that you are consuming a large amount of alcohol, then your licence application will likely be refused.
So why did they write asking that then was it because my cdt levels would be to high my doctor going to write back and state I have never been treated for alcohol with him. He said he wasn't sure what the issue was as they never even gave him the readings. Surely if they were that high they would have flatly refused my licence and not written to doctor

I cannot say for certain why the DVLA have decided to write to your doctor, however it is not uncommon for them to do so. They are trying to ensure that there are no reasons why your licence should not be returned to you, it may have ben that some of your results caused concern, or they may have just been double checking. The DVLA will explain their decision should they refuse to return your licence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off