Help, Im in a sticky situation

Convicted Driver Insurance

emz13

Hi,

I was arrested for drink driving on 08.09.14, I have been granted bail and asked to return back on the 07.10.14. My reading was 47 at 23.56 and was told I would need to give a blood sample.This was given at 00.50. Will I automatically lose my licence? How long do the blood results take to come back? This is my second offence, my first was in July 2009.
Thanks

It is possible that your blood sample will come back under the limit so it is not yet a foregone conclusion that you will be charged with the offence. However if your reading does come back over the limit and you plead guilty to the offence then you will be facing a minimum 3 year disqualification as your previous offence was within the last 10 years.

The blood results can vary, however they are normally received within 6 weeks. If they are over the limit you will be charged and bailed to attend Court at a later date. If you were given your own specimen then I advise sending this off to be tested so that you can find out what the likely result will be. It is also worth doing this as if your sample comes back slightly under the limit and the prosecution sample is slightly over then you may have grounds for a defence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off