URGENT ADVICE ON MEDICAL REQUIRED

Convicted Driver Insurance

tom999

Hello there!

My ban for drink driving finished over a year ago. I am due to take a medical test as I was breathalysed and got a measure of just under 90mg. I have a few questions:

1. Can I get a provisional license before I have undertaken the medical examination?

2. I am a healthy fit male aged 21, and drink every few weeks. If I were to smoke cannabis (quite a large amount) on a one off session (holiday to amsterdam), how long do you believe it would take to get out my system? (I smoke occasionally, once every 2 months and not a large amount)

3. How long is the whole process of applying and undertaking the medical? For example, the whole process from: filling out my medical form and sending it off, to actually undertaking the medical.

Thanks a lot, your help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

As your disqualification was imposed prior to the 1st June 2013 then you are still able to recommence driving under Section 88 of the Road Traffic Act. When you send your licence application to the DVLA I would advise enclosing a covering letter asking for confirmation that you are able to drive under this act, only when the DVLA confirm that you are able to do so should you begin driving again.

Cannabis stays in your system for a considerable time, I would therefore heavily advise against smoking cannabis at all if you are intending to take your medical with the DVLA.

There is no set time frame for how long the application itself can take. Normally from sending the application in to the DVLA to them acknowledging receipt can take around a month, however again this can vary from case to case.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off