Disqualification with a foreign driving licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

peneloli

Hi,
I've been caught drink driving (76 microgrammes) and due to go to court soon. It's a first time for me.
I understand that I will not escape a disqualification, but I am wondering how this will work considering that I'm still using my French driving licence. I never got the UK equivalent from the DVLA.
Is that an aggravating factor? Is there a risk that they might replace the disqualification by higher fine and/or community work? Should I try to get a UK licence with just one week before the court hearing?
Many thanks for your help.

You will still be disqualified from holding or obtaining a licence whilst in Britain but as your driving licence is French they cannot disqualify you from driving whilst outside Britain. It should not be considered an aggravating factor at all that your licence it not a UK licence.

The Magistrates Sentencing Guidelines advise a 17-22 month disqualification and a Band C, means tested fine. You should also be offered the drink driving rehabilitation course which will reduce the length of your disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off