Advice for court

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bdie

Hi,

I was recently pulled over and charged with drink driving. I appear at court on Monday. My reading at the station was 58. This is the first time I have ever had anything like this having never done anything this stupid before, nor having sped, crashed etc. My license was essentially clean. I was pulled over at 2:30am and was driving quite slow as I was aware that I had been drinking. I was travelling 4.1 miles. I had gotten in to the car as I had to be somewhere early the next morning (due to an emotional family crisis) and was concerned that if I didn't get home I would be late and therefore miss the appointment. Is it worth bringing any of this up in court or will it likely be ignored? Do I speak in my defence or do I simply plead guilty and show them that I am absolutely horrified that I was idiotic enough to get in to the car?

Thanks in advance.

It is always worth putting forward mitigation in a case, the circumstances that caused you to drive show it wasn't just a decision made on whim after a night out. You can also explain to the Magistrates the negative impact of any disqualification on yourself and anyone else who will be adversely affected by it. The sentencing guidelines for 58 in breath are a 12-16 month disqualification and a band C, means tested fine. You should also be offered the drink drive rehabilitation course which will reduce the length of the disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off