dui first time offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

vixs

My partner recently in a cry for help for his alcoholism got in his car drove a little way off and called the police on himself for being over the limit what are the possible outcomes when he goes to court?

Please can you tell me what his breath/blood alcohol reading was at the police station as I cannot advise regarding the likely sentence otherwise.

For a first offence with a reading of 85 in breath the Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise a 17-22 month disqualification and a band C means tested fine, the reading is at the higher end of this bracket. The drink drive rehabilitation course should be offered which will reduce the length of the disqualification by up to 25% upon completion. You can put forward mitigation to try and keep the length of the disqualification down towards the lower end of the bracket, this can either be done by your partner on the day or he can instruct a solicitor to represent him at Court. If he is interested in representation he is welcome to call my office on 0333 999 7158.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me I will let my partner know of your advice and he may be in contact...He does not have representation as of yet & his court case is on the 20th of this month

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off