Form MG 4 - unsigned?

Convicted Driver Insurance

mychellee

Hi

I hope you can help me.

I was arrested for drink driving on 26th November in Birmingham and am due to appear in court on 12th December. As I live in Blackpool, over 125 miles away do I have to appear in Birmingham where the offense was committed?

Also I was given form MG 4 (amended 4.95) which outlines the offense and also gives instructions as to when and where to attend court. This form has a box at the bottom for a signature but i wasn't asked to sign it. Has there been a mistake made by the custody officer or is this standard practice?

Kind regards

Lee Beckett

Hi Lee, yes as the offence was committed in Birmingham you will need to attend Court there, regardless of how far from your home the Court is. If you face serious difficulties in attending you could request that the case is moved to a more local Court, however this is unlikely and is entirely at the discretion of the Court in Birmingham. The fact that you have not signed the charge sheet is unfortunately no barrier to a successful prosecution and this happens quite regularly.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off