failed with breath test at 40

Convicted Driver Insurance

jamgla

Last Thursday i failed a roadside breath test and back at the station had 2 results of 41(first) 40(second)

The 2 policeman both more or less advised me to take a urine test witch i did.

A few questions

How long in days ,weeks or months will it take for the results to come back

The police were also unsure if i would go to court ,but im supposed to going away on holiday from mid jan to mid feb and will be out the country is it possible to change the court date if i do indeed need to attend.

Reading in another post the police officers asked me if i wanted my urine sample but i refused as i wasn't that i would need this for an independent test and they never mentioned this to me.

Last edited:
It normally takes a few weeks for a urine sample to be analysed by an expert, the police should have bailed you to attend the police station on a certain date when they will confirm whether the sample is over the limit or not. If the hearing is listed while you are away on holiday you can contact the Court to request that it is moved to a different date, it is then at the Courts discretion as to whether they agree to this.

The police are required to provide you with your own specimen if you request it however this is as far as their obligations go.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off