Early removal of disqualification

Convicted Driver Insurance

Makende

On 9th November 2011 I was disqualified by the North Herts Magistrate's Court for 46 months and fined £735 for drunk driving. My reading was 89 micro-grammes. This was the second drink drive conviction the first being in July 2005. The court further ordered that I must apply to the DVLA to renew my licence and that it can be done 2 months before my disqualification ends.The DVLA subsequently classified me as a high risk offender stating that I am required to satisfy their medical examiner that I am medically fit to drive before I can apply for a driving licence after my disqualification ends. The court also offered the HAPAS drink drivers rehabilitation course which I completed successfully in October 2012.I now intend to submit an application for the early removal of my disqualification under section 42 of the road traffic act on the 2nd anniversary of my conviction which is in 6 days time. I am married with 2 young children who unfortunately were with me when I was stopped drunk driving. (This was taken by the court as an aggravating aspect during sentencing) My wife does not drive which means that I was at the time responsible for the children's transport requirements the main one being the school run. Obviously family life has been very difficult and strained since I got disqualified and I wish to persuade the court to lift my disqualification early in order to facilitate my responsibilities as a father, husband and the wider community.So I have 2 questions;1.) Under the circumstances, is their a realistic possibility that the court will remove my disqualification early?2.) If the court does indeed lift my disqualification, can I legally drive while awaiting the DVLA medical examination?Much appreciate and thank you

Under the circumstances you mention there are grounds to apply to have your disqualification removed early, however whether or not the application will be successful is a decision for the Courts. You can request that you are entitled to drive under section 88 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 because your disqualification was imposed prior to the 1st June 2013, if you are successful with the application the I advise getting the DVLA to confirm in writing that you are entitled to drive so that you can avoid any potential issues.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off