worried about dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

maximus

hi there I got done for drink driving for 26 months a blew 108 I have never had a drink since and will never have one again put me right of, I thought I was having just a blood test but its turns out that im having a full medical I really don't no if im gunna get through this , I take 30 mg of diazepam split through the day aswell as 75 mg of quitiapine although im far from pscychotic then 150 mg of venlafaxine at night I was on 60 mg of diazepam when my partner died in a freak accident 3 years ago I didn't use to drink much then but hit the pubs bigtime when that happened I also yake 3.5 mg of zopiclone when needed , I have turned my life around in the last year and have won several big golf comps and pool comps my problems after I got over my partner dieing I devoleped bad health anxiety as I had high cholesterol I devoleped a fear of heart attacks which was frightening but since I got that down my mental state is in a way better place I no longer suffer from much anxiety and depression that's why we are getting the tablets down do I have much chance of passing

The DVLA medical is focused on your fitness to drive, e.g. is there any evidence of persistent misuse of alcohol. If the medication you are taking does not impair your ability to drive then it should not be relevant to the DVLA's medical tests. It seems best to complete the medical and if there are any issues you can speak to your GP about submitting medical evidence to the DVLA to support the fact that you are fit to drive.

thankyou very much I have a lot of evidence suppoting the amount of work ive done for charity, coaching youngsters cricket and adults,winning 9 golf trophys in the last 12 weeks, and two pool trophys you cant do this type of thing if your drowsy?????

This information could be relevant if the DVLA refuse your application and you appeal, however the best thing to do at the moment is get the application sorted with the DVLA and await the outcome.

thankyou for being so helpful I went to see my pyschatrist for the first time in ages a few days ago he was amazed at the progress I have made,so I booked an appointment to see my gp today who was some what downbeat about my chances of passing medical there was a letter from my psych to my gp saying that I had come in very buoyant and that life is going very well he showed me phoyos of all the golf competitions he has one as well as pool and coaching cricket to youngsters, he also showed me the awards he has won from the charity shop he is working in at that they are planning to move him to other branchs to increase sales.
I felt under a lot of pressure to tell max he could drive but did say to him if they write to me I would have no problem with him driving the main reason is he hasn't had any booze since 8 5 2012 I did remind him though that it is the dvlas decision at the end of the day, max stated he ws back to the normal me, and will continue to reduce his meds

30 mg diazepam split through the day use to be 60
quetipine 50mg twice a day for health anxiety
venlafaxine 150 mg slow release this is helping to reduce the diazepam
zopiclone 3.5 mg when neeed

my gp was a lot more upbeat today possibly after reading this
sam cpn will visit with a view to discharging max from the community health team
does this sound good to you do I have a fair chance of passing the medical
I have been on these drugs some time now after my partner died so this doesn't make me drowsy like it may if I just started them thanks max

I am not a doctor so unfortunately I cannot comment in detail about the potential impact of any medication on your medical with the DVLA. However, if both your psychiatrist and doctor are happy with your current physical and mental health then this is definitely positive as if contacted by the DVLA they seem likely to be supportive of your application. The best thing to do now is to have the DVLA medical and await the results, I hope it all goes well for you.

thanks the only thing im worried about is the dvla don't like the thought I people driving on diazepam even though there are thousands and thousands of people doing it do I send the d1 form in before I book the medical

Yes if you send the D1 form off the DVLA should then contact you to arrange a medical, you can call them for clarification on this if you are not sure about their procedures etc.

so I have to pay 90 pounds for your d1 even though I may fail a medical they should do it the other way round

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off