Confused!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

peta1993

I was at a do and ended up getting into an argument with my sister, at which point I decided to sleep in my car to avoid more arguments. The next thing I know theres lights in front of me and I ended up rolling my car. There were no other vehicles involved and I was very honest telling paramedics that police need to be involved as I had been drinking. The breath test didn't give a reading it just said fail. 3 hours later the police arrested me and were taking bloods whilst I was in hospital for which I gave verbal consent but didn't need to sign anything? It is now 2 weeks later and I don't know what station/ what officer is dealing with my case, have not been given conditions of bail, have not been charged and am really confused as to whats going on/will happen. Any help would be useful

Last edited:
You should have been given information confirming which police station is dealing with the matter, if you have any documentation with a reference etc then you can call 101 to find out which station is dealing with it. You will not have been charged yet as the police need to have your blood sample tested to confirm that it is over the limit before they can charge you. You should also have been offered your own sample which you can have independently analysed if you wish to do so, this would give you a better idea of whether you were over the limit at the time the sample was taken.

Thanks for your help! Although a month I still have no idea what's going on! I still don't have any details as to whos dealing with my case or any references. Are there any time frames as to how long the process will take?Also if i loose my license I will loose my job will this help my case at all, as without a job I will not be able to pay any fines? Thanks again.

Last edited:
The length of time it takes for the police to analyse your sample varies from case to case so unfortunately I can't give you a particular time frame. I would advise calling the police 101 number, telling them which hospital you were at when the sample was taken and the date you attended along with your personal details, they should be able to tell you what is happening from this information. It is definitely worth doing this as you do not want to miss any date that you may be required to attend the police station.

If your reading comes back as over the limit then you can enter mitigation at Court, this can include things like loss of employment and can help keep the sentence down to a minimum.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off