never been banned??

Convicted Driver Insurance

rspice

Hi I was after some advice, I had a questioner come through the post asking if id taken any drugs in my past to which I onestly said yes I had taken cannabis 2years ago. I have now received a letter saying I have to go for a naked urine test.
I have never been banned for driving under the influence of anything.
This has all occured because the dvla wanted to take my license away because a stroke 12years ago damaged some eyesight. When the stroke happened dvla revoked my license and I fought for it back doing a disable driving test.
I had the same problem when having to re do my license(10years photo license)
So went and had a disable driving test again, which I passed.
My question is, why naked? I feel like im a criminal :(
And how can they demand this urine test even no ive never been banned for anything?
Many thanks r.s

The DVLA use medical guidelines on drug and alcohol dependency, drafted by a panel of medical experts, to decide whether someone who has a drug or alcohol dependency should be entitled to hold a driving licence. This enables them to revoke a driving licence even where there has been no criminal conviction.

A refusal to co-operate and provide a sample is likely to lead to a revocation of your licence.

There is an appeal procedure if you are dissatisfied with their final decision. You can appeal to a Magistrates Court but it is usually advisable to obtain your own medical evidence in support to show you are fit to hold a licence. The DVLA will usually contest the application and be represented in court at your hearing.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off