Blood test result MISSING - Where do I stand?

Convicted Driver Insurance

BarryTorso

Hi,

I served a 20 month driving ban for DUI which ended a while back. However as a 'high risk offender' was required to take the DVLA Medical. I took the medical just over 5 weeks ago. Prior to the medical I didn't drink alcohol for a number of weeks with the upcoming medical in mind. Yesterday I received a letter off the surgery where I went for my tests. It read as follows :

"We have been contacted by the DVLA to say one of your blood test results is missing. On speaking to the path lab it seems this was never tested from the sample. Please could you contact the surgery so we can arrange for you to attend another blood test. We apologise for the mix up with the path lab."

pretty annoying considering its taken them 5 weeks just to tell me that they've made a cock up. After my initial chuckle and frustration at their incompetence, I rang them and asked what had happened. The receptionist seemed a bit vague. She arranged for me to have another blood test in a couple of days (tomorrow), but I just think this whole thing is going to result in me failing for the reason that for my initial medical I'd made the decision not to drink for weeks in advance, now she was expecting me to give blood and everything will be fine after I'd been drinking quite a moderate amount at a family gathering just 2 days ago. I just can't see myself passing and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do here, considering I've done my part and paid them £96 in confidence they could send a blood sample off correctly.

So by the sounds of it, however many things they test your blood for, the DVLA have all but one. So am i able to argue that this isnt my fault and besides, they have all the results apart from one? Basically wondering where I stand at the moment and whether this happened to anyone else. Do I have any grounds to not take the test due to them making a complete .... Up of it?

Thanks,

Chris

I'm afraid that if you fail to comply with the the High Risk Offender medical scheme then you run the risk of not having your licence returned to you by the DVLA.

I'm afraid that if you fail to comply with the the High Risk Offender medical scheme then you run the risk of not having your licence returned to you by the DVLA.

Totally unfair in my opinion. I'm going to have my blood taken 3 days after consuming a decent amount of alcohol and fail. Through no fault of my own.

Where do I stand with the Section 88? As the offence was way before the recent changes came into effect.

I understand your frustration but there is no guarantee that your blood sample will fail, the only way to know for sure is to await the DVLA's decision.

If the DVLA have told you that you were entitled to drive under section 88 then this remains the case until you are informed otherwise. http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/have-you-been-caught-convicted-drink-driving/53796.htm

Personally think it's pretty likely that my blood sample will fail. Anyway I'm better off voicing my opinion of all this carry on to them when I go tomorrow. Maybe this time it'll take them less than 5 weeks to tell me they can't do their job properly. Thanks for your help. Will let you know what the outcome is.

Chris

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off