Boyfriend caught, my car, my insurance, not yet charged, advice re insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

Tronic

My boyfriend has been caught drink driving in one of my cars for which he's a named driver on my insurance. He hasn't been charged yet and is only due at police station on July 1st.

Do I need to inform my insurer until he's charged? My insurance is due for renewal in July and obviously I won't be re-insuring him on policy, I would cancel insurance before he goes to court as its my second vehicle.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

It would be best to check your insurance policy, it should detail when you are required to inform your insurers of offences in their terms and conditions.

Thanks Sean!

The reason I ask is that I couldn't find anything specific re: offenses, all it states about disclosure of information is the following which seems a little ambiguous:

"It is your responsibility to provide complete and accurate information when you take out your policy, throughout the life of your policy and at renewal. All statements that you make must be full and accurate and if you fail to disclose any material information this could invalidate your insurance, and part or all of any claim may not be paid.

If you are unsure of any matter you may contact us for guidance and you are advised to keep copies of all correspondence.."

If you have any thoughts on the above, they would be appreciated.

Thanks!
L

Any insurance policy is an agreement of the utmost good faith, as such any witholding of information could be grounds for the insurance company to void the policy.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off