Caught drink driving, need advice please

Convicted Driver Insurance

JMCManchester

I couldn't sleep last night by 2am and I thought of driving to the local shop, which is only 2 mins driving from home, to get some beers as I thought that would help me sleep. I was feeling fine despite I had also some beers previously in the evening. The problem is I didn't realized that I didn't turn the car lights on so police stopped me. I blew up just a bit over the limit, because of my beers in the evening, they took me to police station and I have to go to court soon.

I was already convicted for drink driving 12 years ago, will that be taken into count when deciding the penalties? And I am now in the process of finding a new job, as I've been made redundant from my last one, am I in risk of loosing my redundancy?

I need some advice please.
Thanks

The Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise a 12-16 month disqualification for a reading of 47 in breath, as your previous offence was over 10 years ago it will not be relevant in the sentence passed by the Magistrates. Unfortunately I cannot say whether this would affect your redundancy pay, it may be worth contacting an employment solicitor to discuss this.

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact my office on 0845 002 0736.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off