Arrested for Drink Driving when I wasn't driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Marie

Hello,

I recently went to a hotel and was arrested for drink driving. What actually happened is I went away for a two day break. When I arrived at the Hotel I started drinking in the car when I had pulled up while I sorted my things out. I went in and booked a room but had an argument with the receptionist about the cost of the room as it always says one price on the board outside and was double when I went in so was annoyed. I went to my room and carried on drinking till I feel asleep. The next thing I knew the police were knocking at my door saying the staff had been concerned about me and phoned the police. I know the receptionist would have smelt drink on me as I had just been drinking in the car. But I drank about half a bottle of brandy in my room. I was arrested and breathalised at the police station which failed and then they did a blood test. I was held for 8 hours and then questioned about what happened. I was released on bail until next week where they will determine by the blood test if I was over the limit which I would have been as I was drinking in my room. I had only just been to the bank and bought the alcohol which is a five minute drive away from the hotel and drank when I arrived. I have been driving over 20 years and don't even have a parking ticket. I would not do that and now am really scared about this as the test will come back positive as I drank a lot in the room. I spoke to duty solicitor but don't know if they come to court if you please not guilty. What do I do?

There is clearly a defence to this if you are charged by the police, was all of this explained to them in interview? We would be able to argue that they had no evidence of you driving as the receptionist could only say that you smelled of alcohol when you were speaking to her. If there is any CCTV footage of the incident it will clearly back up your version of events.

If you decided to instruct my department to deal with this we would enter a not guilty plea at the first hearing which would get the matter adjourned while we prepared your defence. We would be able to give you a fixed fee at the outset of your case so that you know what the costs will be before going ahead.

If you would like to discuss this please call my office on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off